Top Review by edelbeetle
The family loved this. I ended up doubling the ingredients to make the sauce since there wasn't very much and we usually eat stroganoff over rice. The flavors were excellent; I think it was the dijon mustard that made it stand out.
- 35 precooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, mushrooms and thyme, stirring occasionally, until tender and the liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1 tablespoon water and the cornstarch.
- Whisk into the sauce.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.