Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty one dish meal. Posted by request.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) jarwhole white pearl onions, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, salt, marjoram and thyme, add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/2inch diameter meatballs.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and brown meatballs.
- Drain excess fat, add broth, soup, potatoes, carrots and onions and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.