Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living. A quick, satisfying family meal.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained and divided
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope vegetable soup mix (Knorr's)
- 60 -64 frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Saute garlic in hot oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add in 2 cans beans and chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil.
- ADd in vegetable soup mix; stir until dissolves.
- Add in meatballs, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes; return to a boil.
- Add in rotini; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Add in remaining beans and spinach; cook 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls; garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
My husband and I loved this soup! ...very satisfying and delicious. I used escarole in place on spinach.