Recipe by Chef mariajane
A very quick and easy recipe to use, so delicious, you can make your meatball ahead of time, Have different kinds, ( beef, chicken, pork, etc) made ahead and frozen, use whatever kind you want and have a different flavor every time you make this dish -
Top Review by Rottmom
I used ground chicken and made my own meatballs. I followed the recipe exactly except that I forgot about the green onions at the end. The dish smelled so good I couldn't wait to eat it! It's like sweet & sour meatballs, very tasty and easy. Hub even loved it. Thanks mariajane!
- 1⁄2 lb frozen meatballs (anykind)
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 sweet bell peppers, cubed (any color)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups minute rice instant rice
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the meatballs, pineapple, chicken stock, ketchup, onion, peppers and vinegar in a Dutch oven. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the meatball mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a boil and the sauce is thickened slightly. Stir in the rice and return to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the green onions (if using).