1/4 Photos of Meat and Cabbage Pie
Diabetes was new to our household so this is one of the many we tried that the whole family now enjoys.The portions have been adapted to accomodate a family but can be halved for a single pie.Original from "Make a Joyful Table,main dishes to delight the soul."The premade shells are a time saver and a great help for those who are "pastry challenged"If you want to cut down the fat you can make the pies deep dish with only a top crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Take pie shells out of boxes to thaw.
- 3Meanwhile,spray a large skillet with butter flavoured cooking spray, brown the meat and onion.
- 4Stir in the cabbage.
- 5Add tomato sauce, Brown Sugar Twin,parsley, and black pepper.
- 6Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 7Put half of mixture into one of the pie shells and wet the top edge of the shell.
- 8Pick up a second shell,invert the tray while putting your hand underneath touching the pastry to support the shell as it comes away from the tray.
- 9Lay second shell directly on top of of mixture in first shell.
- 10Use damp fingers to seal two shells together.
- 11Flute edges.
- 12Make about 8 slashes on top to allow steam to escape.
- 13Repeat filling the third shell and covering with the fourth shell.
- 14Check to see that your edges are sealed and for the steam vents.
- 15Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 16Place pie plate on wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- 17Cut into 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Cabbage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2358.8
- Calories from Fat 1210
- Total Fat 134.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 3359.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 214.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 77.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown Sugar Twin