MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very good! I cheat with the crust and buy the frozen prepared ones and thaw. Good served with mashed potatoes and a salad.
- Ready In:
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 ounces cream cheese (I use cream cheese with chives)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees; cool.
- Spread cream cheese on inside of crust.
- Saute the vegetables in the butter.
- Brown the ground beef and add to vegetables.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Top with the other crust and cut a few vents in the crust.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was super tasty and I, too, could have eaten it all by myself. After I started cooking I realized I didn't have any mushrooms, so I diced up half of a bell pepper and that was good. I also took a tip from previous reviewers and added salt, pepper and garlic. I would definitely let the cream cheese come to room temperature before trying to spread it in the pie crust. Serving the pie was an issue. It was crumbly and fell apart (though we devoured it regardless of how it looked.) Next time I might try omitting the bottom crust and dotting the cream cheese on top of the veggie mixture before covering it with the top crust. Maybe that will help with the crumbliness and the cream cheese problem! This was an excellent recipe, Denise.Reply
see 13 more