Recipe by Geema
I am partial to marzipan and this cake full of almond paste, ground almonds and almond extract satisfies my cravings.
Top Review by Renee Ferraz
Wow! What a fantastic taste treat. I used a food processor to mix the almond paste, butter and sugar. (I also added some marzipan) I didn't dilute the apricot preserves with water, just brushed it on the warm cake. My mother already has an order in for another one! Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 1 (7 ounce) can almond paste
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- Cream the almond paste with the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the almonds.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly with almond extract and add to the creamed mixture.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into butter mixture.
- Mix with a few strokes as possible.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not over bake!
- Heat water and preserves and brush on the top of warm cake.