1 hr 45 mins
This classic dessert from Austria is a baked meringue topped with fruit (strawberries) and whipped cream. NOT a diet-friendly dessert! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all but cream of tartar to very large mixing bowl.
- 2Start beating on low speed, gradually increasing to high.
- 3Once egg whites begin to foam, add cream of tartar.
- 4Continue beating for 30 minutes (yes, 30 minutes!).
- 5Mixture should be snow-white and be able to hold peaks.
- 6Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- 7Conventional Oven Method:.
- 8Preheat oven at 500 degrees F while mixture is beating (30 minutes).
- 9Place torte in oven and TURN OVEN OFF.
- 10Leave in overnight; torte will be done in the morning.
- 11Gas Oven Method:.
- 12Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- 13Place torte in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- 14When cooled store in fridge.
- 15Serve with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Schaum Torte
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g