Recipe by cinda37379
My Family loves corn anyway and anyhow you fix it. When I was little my marmy made these for me everytime we would visit now I make them for my grandson who loves them as much as I did! I have used frozen corn when I had no fresh...was still good! Sometime we eat them as snacks or appetizers and use a sourcream and chive dip. Guessing at prep time depends on how fast you are at cutting the corn off the cob.
Top Review by Meredith C-ville
These were a nice change for a side dish. I used frozen corn (thawed), which I roughly and very briefly pulsed in the food processor to make it a bit more pulpy like fresh corn. I used two 12-oz bags and increased the other ingredients to make up for it. I threw in an odd half cup or so of leftover brown rice (which no one noticed) just to use it up. I added a bit of milk since I did not have the corn cob 'juice,' and although I used more egg, I did not use all the yolks just to keep it lighter. I added garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, and a bit of cilantro. I found that these cooked better and faster if I was fairly scanty with each one and if I spread it out with a spoon. Also, after flipping, I found that squishing them out a bit was helpful. But they were great to work with, not sticky, and easy to do. I served them with green beans and some shredded BBQ-y chicken. Thanks. --M
- 4 large ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- chopped sweet onion, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the kernels from 4 ears of corn, and place them in a medium bowl. Using the back of a knife,scrape the cobs over the bowl to extract the juices and pulp. The mixture will resemble scrambled eggs.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until light. Beat in the flour,sugar and salt and pepper. Stir in the corn.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold them into the corn mixture. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and grease lightly. Drop the batter by small spoonsfull into the hot skillet and cook until golden brown.