Recipes for this Northern New York specialty are closely guarded like Barbecue down South. Try this with chopped onions on your hot dogs for a new taste treat.
- Finely chop onions and saute in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Separate meat so it is broken into very fine pieces of meat.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix, and cook over low heat on the stove 1 hour or more.
- This could be cooked in a crockpot on low for six hours.
- Serve as a topping on hot dogs.