Recipes for this Northern New York specialty are closely guarded like Barbecue down South. Try this with chopped onions on your hot dogs for a new taste treat.
- Finely chop onions and saute in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Separate meat so it is broken into very fine pieces of meat.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix, and cook over low heat on the stove 1 hour or more.
- This could be cooked in a crockpot on low for six hours.
- Serve as a topping on hot dogs.
This was a big hit served on top of grilled franks, cheese and chopped onions. I used lean ground turkey and cooked it in the crock pot as suggested. Thanks for posting a wonderful recipe.
Great hot dog chili sauce...we loved it...put over Smoked Cherry Brats and it was wonderful.
This is our new hot dog chili recipe! I've only ever made one other recipe but didn't care for it much and ended up with LOADS of it! I decided to try this recipe out with a quarter pound of ground beef that I siphoned off of taco night. With a slice of velveeta on the bottom, and a scoop of this sauce on top, I don't think I've ever eaten a better hot dog at home before : ) I'll definitely be making the whole recipe next time and freezing for easy use. This recipe may even manage to revive my attempt at serving chili cheese dogs as a Christmas tradition!