4-H Michigan Sauce
Source: Gooseberry Patch
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together uncooked beef, tomatoes with juice and remaining ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a large stockpot.
- Mash with a potato masher until texture is very smooth.
- Place over med-low heat.
- Simmer for about 2-3 hours, until beef is cooked through. **Mine was done in under two hours. May need to add water if cooking entire time, check and stir every 30 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve--steamed hot dog on bun, slathered w/ Michigan sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION