Recipe by Little Bee
This is Paula Deen's recipe. Its really good, really easy and a great way to use up an abundance of summer tomatoes!
Top Review by Beth A.
Tasty! The only changes I made were minor. I added about 2 tablespoons fresh basil (basil and tomatoes are a match made in heaven!), used garlic powder in place of garlic salt, and used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I will be making this often, this summer. Great way to use your summer bounty with all your grilled dinners. Thank you for posting this here - you saved me the trouble! :)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (do not use dried)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I like McCormicks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 4 -6 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges