Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
This is Paula Deen's recipe. Its really good, really easy and a great way to use up an abundance of summer tomatoes!
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (do not use dried)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I like McCormicks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 4 -6 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Whisk well.
- Place tomatoes in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over.
- Marinate at room temperature for up to 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
Tasty! The only changes I made were minor. I added about 2 tablespoons fresh basil (basil and tomatoes are a match made in heaven!), used garlic powder in place of garlic salt, and used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I will be making this often, this summer. Great way to use your summer bounty with all your grilled dinners. Thank you for posting this here - you saved me the trouble! :)
I love these tomatoes. I got this recipe off the Food Network site and make them often. I just use store bought vine-ripe tomatoes. Fresh parsley and thyme from my garden gives them a wonderful flavor. A great dish for summer cook-outs because you can make them ahead. Thanks for posting!
I've made these twice and they are so good. The marinade even makes store-bought tomatoes taste good. Great side dish for a BBQ