Chocolate Truffles in a Flash
Really good, really easy, way of achieving good truffles with almost no effort, my kind of recipe. Refrigerator time is cooking time.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur (I have used raspberry or any flavor liqueur you like. or an extract instead)
- 1 (16 ounce) container of prepared chocolate frosting
- cocoa or ground nuts (great with ground pistachios)
- Place semi sweet morsels in a mediun saucepan over low heat; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat Stir in frosting and liqueur and or an extract of your choice
- Blend well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On a large plate or on waxed paper, place topping or toppings of choice.
- Scoop up truffle mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Drop into topping mixture and roll until well coated.
- Really look good when put into foil or paper candy cups.
- Store in refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made half with Triple Sec and half with Bailey's... these are great! I had a little trouble with them melting from the heat of my hands when I rolled them into balls, so after I rolled them, I put them back in the fridge for a while, then brought them out, gave them a quick roll with my hands again to smooth them out and then rolled them in powdered sugar or candy sprinkles. - UPDATE - Made this for my cookie tray and gifts again this year... used chocolate fudge frosting and vanilla cream liqueur. The fudge taste over-powered the liqueur, so I'll stick to regular chocolate frosting next time. I rolled them in cookies and cream sprinkles and kind of mushed the sprinkles right in so they became one with the ball. This worked great because I could put them in with the other cookies in tins and they didn't stick to anything.