Spiced Marinated Tomatoes
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion (about 4)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl until blended, then pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Chill 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used this recipe as one of 3 salads that I made for a buffet dinner for 20. It was easy, high in taste, low in fat and the perfect accompliment to any grilled meats. Because of lack of space in the fridge, I placed the ingredients in a plastic zip lock bag, so storage was a snap! I highly recommend this recipe