Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Did these for supper tonight, quite a nice tang. The sauce is particularly good, with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. Can easily be made less for 2 or 4 chops.
- 6 pork loin chops, centre cut, boneless are best (2 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce or 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 8 -10 shallots, peeled, cut in half
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Place in single layer in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In bowl, combine chili sauce,shallots,garlic, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and oregano, Pour over chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours.
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake, spooning sauce over chops occasionally, for 15 to 30 minutes more or until tender.
Great recipe! I was a little pressed for time, so instead of baking the pork chops, I grilled them instead. I marinated them about 8 hours. No "sauce" is left when you grill them, but the chops came out juicy and tasty anyway...
Thank you Dorothy. I really enjoyed this recipe - it's a keeper. I cut the recipe back for one serving and no problem. Didn't have Apple cider vinegar so used Tarragon vinegar and I chopped the Shallots, marinated the chop for about 2 hours. MMMmmmmmm
Wonderful! First time I've ever used shallots. I followed ingredients exactly but doubled the whole recipe to feed 8. I only used one 10X15 glass dish so my cooking time was a little longer. That was probably because there were like 3 porkchops on top of the rest. I'll definetely make this over and over. Another small thing I did different was to use large ziplock for marination. Thanks for posting.