Did these for supper tonight, quite a nice tang. The sauce is particularly good, with baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. Can easily be made less for 2 or 4 chops.
- 6 pork loin chops, centre cut, boneless are best (2 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce or 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 8 -10 shallots, peeled, cut in half
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Place in single layer in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In bowl, combine chili sauce,shallots,garlic, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and oregano, Pour over chops.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours.
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake, spooning sauce over chops occasionally, for 15 to 30 minutes more or until tender.