Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
These can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small white mushrooms, rinsed and patted dry (about 4 dozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, mix oil, water, vinegar, lemon juice, sherry, garlic, coriander, herbes de Provence, fennel seeds, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to pot, stirring to coat them with sauce. Remove from heat. Let mushrooms cool to room temperature in pot, about 1 hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to a serving dish. Pour cooking liquid over them. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Use toothpicks to pick them up and eat them.