Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a easy recipe and it makes a great gift. Feta cheese is marinated in olive oil with several herbs (I use fresh out of my herb garden when I can). You can keep it in chunks or drain it and mash to serve as a spread. Put in a decorative jar or covered bowl and give with crisp pita chips for a delicious gift!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons assorted snipped fresh herbs (such as dill weed, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley ,dry may be used but use only half of what is call)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use already chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cracked peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Place feta cheese in a bowl.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add all the other ingredients and cap jar.
- Shake until well blended.
- Pour over feta and stir gently as not to break up cubes.
- Divide mixture between 2 half pint jars with lids.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- To serve, let cheese come to room temp for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with assorted crackers, chips or crisp breads.
- Makes 2 half pint jars.
- To serve as a spread, mash cheese with some of the marinade to desired thickness.
I wish I had have made more of this! I love feta, and this disappeared way too quickly. The fresh herbs I used were dill, thyme, basil and oregano. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
It is great.My girlfriend wanted it for a friend she was working with that day. The manager of the Walgreens where I dropped it off asked for the recipe and made it twice as the first batch didn't last and his guest wanted more.
I LOVE feta. This recipe was the cornerstone for my entire Greek party. I had some placed out with crackers. I had some crumbled in the Greek salad, and I had some to top their souvlaki sandwiches on pita bread. It was a hit. Thanks for posting.