1/2 Photos of Marinated Garden Vegetables
1 hr 15 mins
In 'How to Cook Everything Vegetarian' by Mark Bittman
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (or 2 t. dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise (or summer squash)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup green olives (optional) or 1/2 cup black olives, pitted (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the vinegar, salt, oregano, bay leaves, garlic, olive oil, and 1 quart water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the broccoli and cauliflower; cook for a minute, then add the zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and olives; cover and turn off the heat.
- 3Let cool to room temperature in the pot.
- 4Serve at room temperature or chilled, drizzled with some of the liquid and olive oil and sprinkled with lots of black pepper.
- 5Keep the mixture in its liquid in a covered plastic or glass container in the refrigerator for a month or more.
- 6You can serve with toothpicks, on top of greens or tossed with salads, on top of grilled vegetables, as a pickle alongside sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Garden Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1797.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: