1/1 Photo of Marinated Beet Salad
8 hrs 10 mins
My Recipe Published by Southern Living. I make these weekly, and since I'm diabetic, i use Splenda instead of sugar, and there's no difference in the taste. Onions can be omitted; celery seeds cannot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain beets, reserving 1/2 c.
- 2juice; set aside.
- 3Combine sugar, dry mustard, and salt in a small saucepan; stir well.
- 4Add beet juice and vinegar; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in celery seeds.
- 6Combine beets and chopped onion.
- 7Add vinegar mixture, tossing gently.
- 8Cover and refrigerate salad 8 hours or overnight.
- 9Yield: 8-10 servings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 234.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g