Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A very good salad for any occasion. Keeps well in the refrigerator for a long time. A great way to get your veggies in.
- 1 (15 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped and drained
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Combine canned and fresh vegetables in bowl.
- Combine marinade ingredients and heat in microwave until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow marinade to cool and pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Drain off marinade before serving.
- You may variate this recipe to your taste.