I saw Giada De Laurentis of Everyday Italian on the Food Network make this the other day and it looks wonderful. I just bought the ingredients today and can't wait to make it.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and thyme in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Slice both of the squash diagonally into 1/4" thick slices.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade into a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- Add all the squash to the remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13x9 glass baking dish, cover and marinate at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Can also be refrigerated for up to one day to marinate.
- Season squash with a little additional salt and pepper and grill on the barbecue or on an indoor grill pan until they are crisp tender and brown, turning occasionally for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer squash to a serving platter and drizzle with the reserved 3 tablespoons of marinade.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.