Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I saw Giada De Laurentis of Everyday Italian on the Food Network make this the other day and it looks wonderful. I just bought the ingredients today and can't wait to make it.
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and thyme in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Slice both of the squash diagonally into 1/4" thick slices.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade into a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- Add all the squash to the remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13x9 glass baking dish, cover and marinate at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Can also be refrigerated for up to one day to marinate.
- Season squash with a little additional salt and pepper and grill on the barbecue or on an indoor grill pan until they are crisp tender and brown, turning occasionally for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer squash to a serving platter and drizzle with the reserved 3 tablespoons of marinade.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I really enjoyed this. I used all yellow squash (zucchini weren't ready yet) and placed everything in a large zip top plastic bag overnight in the fridge to marinate. Ideal for summer picnics & cook-outs (no mayo or dairy to sit out and risk spoilage). I reheated the leftovers the next day and melted a little crumbled Feta cheese on top (so good). Thanks for the post!
I made this to use up fresh zucchini, squash and thyme from the garden. While I enjoyed it, no one else in my family liked it. DD who loves squash and zucchini loaded up her plate, but I noticed as her helping got smaller, mine got larger. The little stinker was adding hers to mine when ever I wasn't looking. -lol. Looks like I've got a lot of veggies to eat.
This was excellent on our grill. I backed off the vinegar and lemon juice just a tad due to the kiddos and everyone enjoyed it. We marinated it for about three hours in a glass dish before grilling on foil. Served with herbed pork tenderloin and it was fantastic.