Recipe by Sudie
From my friend Maria, who knows what good is! This is a pretty easy recipe for company, as long as they like seafood. The last time I made it, I used shrimp, mussels, clams, calamari, and something my fish monger called "rock lobster". They were like mini tails. I also increased the rice to two boxes and four people made this disappear!
- 1 box goya rice pilaf mix (yellow or paella)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
your choice of Seafood
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb clam
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 1⁄2 lb lobster
- 1⁄2 lb calamari
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam clams and mussels in boiling water until they open.
- Reserve cooking water.
- cook lobster; reserve water.
- Heat olive oil in very large skillet and saute onion and garlic.
- Follow the recipe on the box of the rice mixture, but substitute the seafood cooking water.
- Place shrimp on top of the rice.
- When the rice is almost done, integrate the other seafood into the rice.