Recipe by JESMom
From Easy to Bake, Easy to Make. It says this cake freezes well. It also says the cake turns out really light and fluffy if you bring all of the ingredients to room temperature before baking.
Top Review by stormylee
Made 1/2 recipe for one loaf pan and am happy with the results of this different & quick mixing technique! :-) A lovely, soft cake - and I really like the chocolate dough that is flavoured with chocolate rather than cocoa powder! I'm not sure if I mixed the dough too long or not long enough: it started to turn "glue-y" quite quickly and I decided to stop mixing!! Still, a great, tasty cake emeged from the oven, so no worries! Thank you for sharing!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat two loaf pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and beat until the mixture looks like moist crumbs.
- Beat in the yogurt, eggs and vanilla until the batter is very light and fluffy.
- Pour half of the batter into another dish and add the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the mixtures alternately into prepared pans.
- Bake until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean, 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes before removing from pans.