1 hr 5 mins
Serving Ideas : Warm briefly just before serving Adapted from: Elinor Klivans' Bake and Freeze Desserts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Maple syrup: Preferred grades are C, B, and A, in that order.
- 2Lightly grease a ten-inch pie pan and put the pie crust in it.
- 3Set the oven at 400°F to preheat.
- 4Position a rack to the middle.
- 5In a bowl, beat the eggs until they are combined.
- 6Add the sugar and mix well.
- 7Stir in the maple syrup, butter, salt, vanilla, and pecans.
- 8I’ll frequently microwave the filling at this point just until it’s warm, especially because my maple syrup and eggs are almost always refrigerator-cold. Stir frequently and don’t overheat or the filling will start to set. Warming will allow the filling to set in the oven before the crust gets overcooked.
- 9Pour the filling into the pie crust and transfer to the oven.
- 10Bake the pie for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set.
- 12Give the pie a gentle shake; the center should remain firm (note that another 'zaar member had a problem with the pie being runny - you must bake until the center remains firm when the pie is shaken even if it takes more than 35 minutes).
- 13Let the pie sit at room temperature to cool completely.
- 14To make in advance, wrap the cooled pie in plastic wrap, then in heavy-duty aluminum foil (I've never actually done this).
- 15Gently press the foil against the pie.
- 16Freeze for up to two months.
- 17Defrost the wrapped pie at room temperature.
- 18Uncover the pie and warm in a 300°F oven for ten minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Syrup Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.9
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 216.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g