Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie(ATK)
photo by Coppercloud
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells, chilled in pie plate for 30 minutes
- Make Filling: Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat syrup, sugar, cream, and molasses in saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Whisk butter and salt into syrup mixture until combined. Whisk in egg yolks until incorporated.
- Bake Pie: Scatter pecans in pie shell. Carefully pour filling over. Place pie in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until filling is set and center jiggles slightly when pie is gently shaken, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool pie on rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate until set, about 3 hours and up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!