Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
We have been making our own syrup forever and it is soooo easy. We recently had guests for the weekend and had a pancake breakfast. They had never had homemade syrup before so I decided to post it. There are a couple other syrup recipes on here, but none with the same ingredients.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Boil just for a couple of minutes, so that all sugar is dissolved and syrup is clear.
- Add Mapleine (extract) to taste (as dark as you want it).
- Store in refrigerator, covered.
- This recipe can be adapted to make any amount of syrup- Just always double your sugar to water, ie 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water.