Chocolate Maple Syrup
photo by Bobbiann
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot or cold over ice cream.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
- Make chocolate milk or hot chocolate adding 1 or 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup to a glass of cold or hot milk. Stir well and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love how simple and quick this was! I was kinda skeptical about how it'd taste so i divided the recipe by 3 to try a little but wow did this taste amazing! There was a slightly bitter after taste but that could just be because i used unsweetened cocoa powder. I added it to my low calorie vanilla ice cream and it tastes amazing! Will definitely make again.
This is the simplest chocolate fudge sauce in existence, and the healthiest! I'll be making this again and again. It may be that it became fudgy rather than saucy because I reduced it to 1/4 recipe (kids are grown, hubby gets migraines from chocolate) and even 4 minutes was too long to boil, but YUM!!! Just what I wanted! ... Oh, yeah--add a touch of butter & vanilla when you remove from heat for best flavor and fudginess. :-)
see 1 more reviews