Recipe by Mary Scheffert
I found this recipe in BH&G & modified it to cut the fat & calories. Feel free to indulge & use the full-fat counterparts of the ingredients if you wish. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups maple sugar or 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fat free caramel ice cream topping
- assorted fresh berries (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Have a 9" ungreased springform pan ready.
- For the crust: combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of the sugar& melted margarine.
- Press into bottom& 2" up sides of springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- For the filling: beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, pumpkin, milk, vanilla& allspice until combined.
- Add eggs& beat on low speed until combined.
- Spoon filling into cooled crust-lined pan.
- Place filled springform pan in another shallow baking pan, and bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 1 hour or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen crust from sides of pan with thin-bladed knife (do not unlatch or remove sides of pan).
- Let cool 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan& let cool for 1 hour.
- Cover& chill at least 4 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce& garnish with berries.