Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This...is...to...die...for. Made for RSC #10. This multiplies well. I tripled it for guests this weekend, put it in a (LARGE) pan & it still cooked the same. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pecans, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 6 eggs (you can use egg beaters for up to half - 3/4c)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Break up pecans & scatter on the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle raisins on top.
- Combine remaining ingredients very well with a whisk & pour slowly over pecans & raisins.
- Bake 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes until just set. Cool & refrigerate.
We really enjoyed this. Never made a custadr before, but it was pretty easy to make. It had great flavor and the pecans added nice texture. It reminded me in flavor and texture of a flan a little bit. Thanks!
I'm sorry to give this such a low review, but it just did not work out for me. I baked it a lot longer than the stated time and it still was not set. I could just taste a little of what was baked. It seemed to have great flavor, though, and I may try it again to see if I have better luck.
4STARS for you,I always go for custard anytime over cake or cookies.The pecans and raisins sure did add a lot.I wish you luck in the contest.