Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An even richer version of this luscious treat! This smells unbelievable baking in the oven. Prep times does not include standing or cooling time.
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, pared, cored, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated large
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml sliced blanched almond, lightly toasted
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- Toss pears, syrup, and lemon zest together in medium bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter wide round 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Place milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour, sugar, and salt in blender or food processor and process just until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour enough batter into prepared baking dish to measure 1/4 inch. Bake until slightly firm, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pear slices from syrup with slotted spoon; reserve syrup. Arrange slices closely together on baked batter and sprinkle with almonds. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon reserved syrup evenly over top.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center of pancake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let pancake cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm, with cream.
This dish feels like a dessert in a fancy restaraunt. I love the texture. Next time, I am going to try leaving out the lemon and replacing it with cinnamon. I think that would be a nice twist. I put ice cream on top instead of cream. Loved it!
Delicious! I made this in a souffle dish and it puffed up nicely to the top of the dish...it looked quite impressive. This is a wonderful breakfast dish, especially when you have special guests. Made as written but did not serve with the heavy cream. This recipe is perfect as is but I also like katew's suggestion to add some almond extract. Yum! Made for 1-2-3 Hits.
This is an excellent dessert or breakfast.I made this last night and when cooked just turned out the oven till morning and my result was perfect. I forgot my almonds on top and wish I had dropped some almond essence into the mixture but will do so next time. My pears were Buerre Bosc and worked well. Made for ZWT 6.