Rösti With Parma Ham and Emmenthal
For a delicious, dish try Mike Robinson's potato pancake, flavoured with Parma ham and Emmenthal cheese .
- Ready In:
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 40 g butter, 25g melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200 g parma ham, finely sliced
- 200 g emmenthaler cheese, finely sliced
- 1. Thoroughly squeeze out the moisture from the grated potatoes.
- 2. Season the grated potato generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the melted butter, garlic and egg.
- 3. Heat a medium frying pan until hot. Add the potato mixture, shaping it into a pancake shape.
- 4. Fry until set, around 10 minutes, flip over and fry for a further 10 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- 5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a small, heavy-based frying pan. Add the thyme and onions and fry gently for 10 minutes until the onion is softened.
- 6. Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 7. Slice the fried potato rosti onto a baking sheet. Spread the fried onion over the rosti and layer with the Parma ham, then top with the Emmenthal.
- 8. Bake the rosti for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve warm from the oven.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really enjoyed this! A beautiful contrast of flavors and textures- the potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside. The ham, cheese and onion topping just makes this a perfect dish. I enjoyed this for breakfast, but it would be great for a brunch, lunch, or even a casual light dinner with a green salad and white wine. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers