1 hr 5 mins
A warm and hearty one pot autumn meal - it smells delicious as it is cooking and even the kids will like the vegetables!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 boneless center cut pork chops, 1 inch thick, visible fat trimmed
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 gala apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 30 baby carrots, cut into thirds to be about 1/2 inch dice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, no sugar added, drained of juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons pecans, chopped, for garnish if desired
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Begin by melting the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup together over low-medium heat in an oven-proof casserole pot. (Watch carefully - the sugars will burn quickly if overheated).
- 3Season both sides of the pork chops to taste with salt and pepper, then brown both sides in the melted butter and sugar/syrup mixture. Don't be afraid to brown the chops well - it will create a delicious crust.
- 4While the pork chops are browning, mix together the diced potato, sweet potato, red onion, apples, and carrots.
- 5Remove chops from pan and add 1/2 of the diced mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the chops in a single layer over the mixture.
- 6Layer the remaining diced mixture on top of the pork chops.
- 7Layer the pineapple chunks on top of the pot.
- 8Finish by pouring the chicken broth over the whole pan.
- 9Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until chops read approximately 140 degrees on a meat thermometer. Uncover and bake for approximately 15 additional minutes until chops register 160-170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- 10Serve with a sprinkling of chopped pecans for garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Glazed Pork Chops and Sweet Autumn Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 792.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 1114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 68.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g