Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and seeings as how it comes from TOH, I believe it to be a sure bet! Prep and cooking times don't include cooling periods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1In a large bowl, toss apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook apple mixture in a large skillet with butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2Cool and spoon mixture into pastry shell and set aside.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- 4In another mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 5Gradually beat into cream cheese and stir in extract.
- 6Spoon over apple layer; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring 3 or 4 times. Cool.
- 8Just before serving, sprinkle topping over pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Cream Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.5
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 618.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g