Recipe by crazycookinmama
From a Southern Living cookbooklet. Super tasty. Super easy, and super addicting.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Made these for my hubby, I'm not fond of wings or drumsticks. He liked them a lot, said he would like a little more heat next time. I made mine in the oven, covered tight with foil in a rectangular roasting pan. I also added sliced yellow onions on top which were a nice addition, basting halfway through cooking time. Uncovered and baked about 10 minutes longer so they would get a little sticky, thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 chicken drumsticks (About 3 Pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring often, 6 minutes. Remove 1/4 cup chili sauce mixture; brush evenly on drumsticks. Reserve remaining mixture for basting.
- Prepare a hot fire by piling up charcoal on one side of grill, leaving other side empty. (For gas grills, light only one side, heating to 400° to 500°.) Arrange drumsticks on food grate on unlit side.
- Grill drumsticks, covered with grill lid, 1 hour or until chicken is done, turning once and basting with remaining chili sauce mixture every 15 minutes.