Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of many recipes I have gotten out of a Grill Masters cook book. Some of them I have tried and some are still on my list to try. But all of them sound very yummy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup apple wood chips
- Soak Apple Chips in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill.
- Combine syrup, chili sauce, vinegar and mustard together in a saucepan.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Brush chicken with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add wood chips to coals.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 10-15 minutes or done all the way through.
- Turn occasionally and brush generously with sauce in the last few minutes before they are done.
DH made this when I was in the hospital, so I'm trusting his rating. He's picky so it must have been great. I think I'll make it for July 1st holiday in Canada or perhaps July 4th. (not sure if that is a weekend. We wont have the day off if it's not.
This is a simple, but wonderful recipe. I got my recipe from Bon Appetit