Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating. I haven'ttried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 slices smoked bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 1⁄2 cups precooked white beans
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place the onion in a skillet with a little bacon drippings. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, tomato sauce, syrup and broth. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil. Remove the pan from the heat and crumble in the bacon.
- Spread the beans into a 2-quart casserole dish. Pour the onion mixture over the beans and stir well. Cover the dish with a lid or foil. Bake 45 minutes or until the top has caramelized and the beans are heated through.