Prep1 hr 15 mins
From Riana Mahe. Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. As a substitute for a deep pot, this will sometimes be baked in a large coffee can, using foil as a lid. Prep time includes rising time.
- Combine yeast, water and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the flour at once.
- Mix well.
- Knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease a deep pot with a lid.
- Place dough in pot and cover.
- Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take bread out of pot.
- Serve hot with honey-citrus butter.