Recipe by Chocolatl
From Riana Mahe. Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. As a substitute for a deep pot, this will sometimes be baked in a large coffee can, using foil as a lid. Prep time includes rising time.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Very good, loved the slightly sweet taste. We cheated and made it in the bread machine. Next time I'll put it on the light setting, or just use it for the dough part and then let it rise in a normal pan because it made the crust a bit thick in the bread machine. Thanks Choccie! Made for ZWT8 Family Picks round.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast, water and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the flour at once.
- Mix well.
- Knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease a deep pot with a lid.
- Place dough in pot and cover.
- Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take bread out of pot.
- Serve hot with honey-citrus butter.