1/2 Photos of Maori Bread
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Riana Mahe. Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. As a substitute for a deep pot, this will sometimes be baked in a large coffee can, using foil as a lid. Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast, water and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add all the flour at once.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 5Grease a deep pot with a lid.
- 6Place dough in pot and cover.
- 7Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- 10Remove lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and take bread out of pot.
- 12Serve hot with honey-citrus butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maori Bread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g