35 hrs 45 mins
Made for RSC #18--One of the two reasons why I purchased my first bread maker was so that I could make Cinnamon Raisin Bread with a drizzled glaze topping. We have loved that bread so much that I was inspired by it to create a totally different spice fruit bread which was both healthy and sweetly decadent. Although some of these ingredients are not traditional for a yeast bread, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you taste it. It also makes a beautiful presentation with or without the drizzled topping. When you make this bread you can either use your bread machine to make the dough or make it by hand according to your desires.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup dried mango, chopped
Optional Drizzled Glaze
- 1Put the dough ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order listed.
- 2Set your bread maker for dough setting.
- 3When dough is finished with the first rise remove the dough from the machine.
- 4On the surface of your choice lightly dust with flour. I use parchment paper.
- 5Pat or roll your dough until you have a large rectangular shape.
- 6Brush egg white on surface of dough. This will help the spices to adhere to the bread and will also help the edges to seal after the dough is rolled.
- 7Combine the allspice, cinnamon and sugar.
- 8Sprinkle the spices and sugar evenly over dough; leaving about 1 inch on each edge.
- 9Tightly roll from the short side.
- 10Pinch where it meets and roll ends under.
- 11Place in lightly greased loaf pan.
- 12Lightly oil the top of the dough and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- 13Place the pan away from cool drafts and let it rise until at least double in size.
- 14Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 15Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 16Let the bread rest in the pan about 10 minutes then gently roll out the cooked bread unto a wire rack to cool.
- 17If using optional glaze, dribble over top and sides of loaf after the bread is about lukewarm in temperature.
- 18After bread is completely cool and glaze is dry, slice and eat, or store for future use.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1072 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat flour