Recipe by lisacheryl
I love mango and I wanted to come up with a delicious way to serve it with chicken. It is sweet and spicy at the same time, light but filling, and low fat. I serve it with sticky white rice. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced chicken
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 mango
- 1 red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (for chicken)
- 2 teaspoons basil (for chicken)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (for sauce) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce (for sauce)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, for taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 2 teaspoons of chili powder and 2 teaspoons of basil, mix, and dip raw chicken in mixture.
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic in olive oil. (To get optimal taste of garlic, mince well). Then add the chicken and saute until cooked (about 5-7 minutes). Place the chicken in the microwave or oven to keep warm.
- Deglaze the same pan with the rum. Slice the red pepper length wise and saute in pan. If necessary, add a little more olive oil.
- Dice the mango. Turn down heat to medium low. When the red pepper is still slightly crunchy, add the mango, brown sugar or cinnamon, and chili powder. If you like, you can substitute the chili pepper for hot sauce. Cook only for a couple of minutes, until the mango is warm and slightly mushy. If you like it spicier, add more chili powder or hot sauce. Add chicken to sauce in pan for a minute to rewarm.
- Serve over white rice.