Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Chicken
Spice up your life a little with this easy to make stove top chicken dish.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- Place breasts between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Rub some of the seasoning on both sides of each breast.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add broth, vinegar and jelly to skillet, cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Needed something quick and always looking for that extra gourmet touch and we found it. Had a bag of chicken breast pcs and no jalapeno pepper jelly so used the red pepper jelly we had opened in the fridge. Loved the heat and the sweet!! Wished we had doubled to sauce. Served with brown rice and chickpeasReply
see 22 more