Recipe by Gatorbek
I was looking for this to make with my Iced Mango Soup, and came across this recipe on ochef.com. Haven't tried it yet, let me know what you think!
Top Review by Annacia
Can we say tropical heaven? I didn't have 1/2 and 1/2 but I did (past tense) have some whipping cream hanging out in the fridge that jumped up and volunteered for the job. The mango came out in a perfectly smooth puree in the food processor and made a wonderfully mango flavored, creamy ice cream that was a real hit with the folks here. This is purrrrefect goodness.
- 6 -8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large mango, very fragrant
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 -4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar in the bowl of a large food processor.
- Holding mango over the bowl to catch all juice, peel and pit the fruit, and place pieces into bowl with sugar.
- Puree sugar and mango.
- Add half and half and blend.
- Taste and add additional sugar as needed. (The mixture should taste a bit too sweet at room temp to taste perfect frozen.).
- Be sure to blend in extra sugar well.
- Add lime juice 1 teaspoon at a time until the flavor deepens. Add rum if desired.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacture's instructions.
- Store sealed tightly with plastic wrap pressed directly on the ice cream.
- Let soften slightly before serving.