Magnificent Mango Ice Cream
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- Place mangoes and sugar in blender and process until smooth.
- Add milks, lime juice and coconut rum or vodka to the container and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Adjust sugar to taste, it should be fairly sweet.
- Pour into ice cream freezer and process per manufacturers directions. My Cuisinart takes 30 minutes.
- Place ice cream in a sealable container and put in freezer for at least three hours before serving.
- This is really good with a number of different add-ins. Try any of the following: mini chocolate chips, vanilla chips, sweetened shredded coconut, chopped candied ginger or orange peel.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous ice cream! I found some really nice mangoes at the supermarket the other day, and this was the perfect use for them. Oftentimes, commercial mango ice cream doesn't really taste like mango at all, but the mango flavor shines here. After 3 hours in the freezer, my ice cream was still pretty soft, but it was still lovely with some chopped fresh mango. This is definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers on the Prowl for ZWT9