Mango Ice Cream
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- Beat egg whites until frothy, then gradually beat in sugar.
- Mix the mango puree with cream, then fold in egg whites.
- Churn and freeze by hand or with an ice-cream maker.
- As a variation, replace the cream with yogurt (you may need a little extra sugar).
- Another variation is to omit the egg whites; replace the mango puree with 1 pound of seeded, peeled papaya and the juice of one lime.
- Puree with one cup sugar, blend in the cream, and churn and freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy and delicious. I used Splenda instead of sugar & yogurt instead of heavy cream, reducing the carbs & fat content. Only problem, using my variations, was that it froze so hard I couldn't get a spoon in it to scoop it out!! I had to let it thaw out for awhile. Nice cool treat for our hot summers! Chris in Phoenix