Recipe by Sassy Sandra
This is an old "Canadian Living" Recipe that has become a family favourite. We all love it, and sometimes I increase the amount of curry paste, depending on who is coming for supper! I normally make it with a pot of rice and a salad. It's a nice "different" dish when you have company. Everyone seems to love it!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (4 breasts)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 3 green onions
- 2 mangoes
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons curry paste
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into three 4 inch pieces.
- Seed, core and cut peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice onions into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
- Peel and pit mangoes and cut into 2/3-inch pieces.
- Whisk together stock, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and curry paste.
- In wok or skillet heat half of the oil over high heat; stir fry chicken for 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry peppers for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add stock mixture and chicken, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is hot.
- Stir in onions and mango.
- Sprinkle with cashews (if using).