Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light, refreshing salsa to serve with fish or chicken. It can stay good overnight one night, but that's about its limit. I rarely have to worry about leftovers, if there is any someone eats it as a salad.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 -2 firm ripe avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 jalapenos or 1 serrano chili
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel and stone the mango and avocados.
- Dice into small cubes (1/4 inch).
- Peel and clean the onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger and chile.
- Cut any large items into small chunks.
- Place all ingredients escept the mango, avocado and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until very finely minced.
- Scrape into a bowl.
- Gently stir in the mango and avocado.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, salt and pepper and toss lightly to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and chill for a couple of hours.
- Serve with fish, chicken or pork.
Made for Aus/NZ Swap #14. This was yummy and a nice change from regular salsa. Will most definitely make this again. Thanks Sheynath for posting this.
Wonderful fruit salsa to serve with fish and I imagine it will be great with chicken too. The sweet mango and bell pepper was a good flavour contrast with the chili and lime juice. Thankyou for sharing a great recipe and its gluten-free too. No added sugars or oils so would also be suitable for low-fat diet and diabetic.Photos also to be posted