Easy Avocado Salsa
- Ready In:
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 green onion (scallion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (you can use lemon in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, sauce can be adjusted to taste (I only use Frank's or Trappy's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- Scoop avocado out of skin and dice into 1/4 inch chunks.
- Dice a ripe Roma tomato into 1/4 inch chunks and place into bowl with avocado.
- Blend remaining ingredients into avocado-tomato mixture.
- Serve with chips or use as a garnish on anything from grilled fish to chicken breasts to omelets.
- NOTE: In a pinch I have used 2 tablespoons of my favorite salsa in the place of the tomato when I could not find any truly ripe tomatoes at the store.
- Avocado Trick: If your avocados are not ripe enough, place them in a paper bag to accelerate the ripening process. Trick also works for bananas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived all over the world and love spending time with grandma's in their kitchens. I now live in remote Alaska and love every minute of it. I am married with two outrageous little girls and I have a catering business on the side. I love to can food (and would love to see more canning recipes) In the summer we make all kinds of smoked and dried salmon. Winters we like to make assorted sausages and jerkys. If it can be pickled, brined brewed or smoked I am all ears!