Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Simple to make for a weeknight dinner or a weekend dinner party.
Make and share this Mandarin Orange Salad With Warm Poppy Seed Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted until golden brown
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, toss together the salad ingredients.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad.
- Toss to combine well and serve at once.
A very nice salad that took very little time to make. The romaine lettuce didnt look to good in the store so I used a regular head of lettuce and pecans instead of almonds. The dressing was very good and the only thing I would do differently would use a bit less oil. Will be makng this salad again! Thank you hon for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Cooking Photo's forums 5 A DAY-ARE YOU DOING IT ? Fruits & Veggies of summer July event.