Recipe by Julesong
Can you believe how easy this one is? Delicious! (An adopted recipe, I haven't had the chance to make this myself, yet. Recipe has been slightly modified in response to comments.)
Top Review by Lorac
Yummy - yummy - yummy. Creamy, moist and bursting with flavor. This is the first time I have used the shortbread Ready Crust. It was the perfect compliment for the orange flavor. Top with whip cream and enjoy. I am going to email this to all my cheesecake baker friends!
- 1 shortbread pie crust
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, pulp free
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate, eggs, and reserved mandarin juice on medium speed until fluffy.
- Pour into shortbread crust. Carefully arrange mandarin slices on top. Sprinkle with a little light brown sugar, which will caramelize with the mandarin while baking.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese portions you can see on top are slightly golden and cheesecake has set.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool on counter, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Note: adopted recipe originally used 1/2 cup of orange juice concentrate and gave no indication of what to do with the mandarin oranges. (LOL, what use is THAT?).