Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can you believe how easy this one is? Delicious! (An adopted recipe, I haven't had the chance to make this myself, yet. Recipe has been slightly modified in response to comments.)
- 1 shortbread pie crust
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, pulp free
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate, eggs, and reserved mandarin juice on medium speed until fluffy.
- Pour into shortbread crust. Carefully arrange mandarin slices on top. Sprinkle with a little light brown sugar, which will caramelize with the mandarin while baking.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese portions you can see on top are slightly golden and cheesecake has set.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool on counter, then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Note: adopted recipe originally used 1/2 cup of orange juice concentrate and gave no indication of what to do with the mandarin oranges. (LOL, what use is THAT?).
Yummy - yummy - yummy. Creamy, moist and bursting with flavor. This is the first time I have used the shortbread Ready Crust. It was the perfect compliment for the orange flavor. Top with whip cream and enjoy. I am going to email this to all my cheesecake baker friends!
I really missed the boat! I doubled the recipe and made 2 pies for mothers day, but ended up throwing both away. I did use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, perhaps that was the problem, but it didn't mix together right. The texture of the pie wasn't appealing to look at or eat. Sorry!
Excellent! Didn't use frozen orange as I don't think we have it in the UK and only used 1/2 the sugar. It came out perfectly and I'll definately be making this again! Thanks for a good recipe!