Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This gem was found while browsing through my great-grandma's recipe box. I slightly reduce the sugar when I make it and sometimes add toasted slivered almonds. Best if made a day before, but not necessary to do so.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, partially drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, partially drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Combine oranges and vegetables in a bowl.
- Stir dressing ingredients to blend.
- Add dressing to mixture.
Nice, bright and tasty salad! A bit unusual for me with the oranges and beans but the dressing really brought it all together. I only made half of the dressing and it was plenty. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012