Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very good Asian dish, another favorite in our house, this dish is great made with chicken strips also.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 lb beef, cut into thin strips (any kind of cut you desire, sirloin is good)
- 2 cups snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine, the first five ingredients; remove half, set aside.
- Add sliced beef to remaining marinade; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry veggies in oil for 2 mins; remove, keep warm.
- Drain, and discard the marinade.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the beef, until no longer pink.
- Add the reserved veggies.
- Combine the cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 mins, or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
This was great tasting. I used Apple juice in place of Orange juice. Next time I will vary the veggies. Another winner from KITTENCAL.
This is one of the best stir fries I've ever had. I doubled the recipe (thankfully, had no leftovers), and came up a little short on the OJ so I ended up using some of the marinade for the sauce (made sure to boil it before adding the corn starch to kill bacteria). My husband and I both agreed this is also the perfect recipe for anyone who likes fajitas that have a little bit of sauce, like we do. Thanks again, Kitten!
Very good stirfry Kittencal. I used two strip Loins that were getting elderly and tossed in a bunch of differant vegetables, sugar snap peas, asparagus, carrots, red peppers...basically emptied the fridge. I made the full recipe and the two of us ate 3/4's of it. I'm hoarding the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.